Good Afternoon Sailors and Volunteers,
Last night the National Committee, along with ASSA representatives and Sailing Committee representatives met to discuss the recent rise in COVID cases and the upcoming Nationals.
Nationals will be going ahead and it is ASSA’S intention to run all scheduled races for the series.
To promote a safe environment and to adhere to recent Australian Sailing advice we have however, decided to cancel several social events throughout the week.
The following events have been CANCELLED;
– Trivia & Burgers Night – Tuesday 4th January 2022
– Ladies Lunch – Thursday 6th January 2022
– Veterans Function – Friday 7th January 2022
– Kids disco (Saturday 8th cancelled) – ladies lunch child minding 6th January (cancelled)
– Canteen- in BEBS will operate daily between 10.30-1.30.
– Welcome Event Sunday 2nd January – will no longer be held in the Quarterdeck Room it will now be held in the loading dock/ rigging area with a BBQ. Start time 5.30pm – bar to close at 9pm
Race day presentations will now take place on the rigging lawn/ loading dock with a daily BBQ to start at 5.30pm, bar to close at 9pm.
Presentation will proceed to be held in the Spinnaker Room – Tickets $40 can be purchased via Trybooking https://www.trybooking.com/BWDLM or from reception. Ticket sales close Wednesday 5th January, for catering purposes please purchase tickets ASAP.
While the Quarterdeck Room will no longer be open daily for viewing purposes, we still encourage spectators to come and enjoy the Club’s facilities and view the Skiff racing from the two panoramic decks available.