ORDER YOUR NEW F16
THE NEW GENERATION OF 16FT SKIFFS
The ASSA has organised the manufacture of eight new 16ft Skiffs.
The hulls will be imported by New Yachts P/L. All other works including forestay take offs, jib mounts, push out bars, rudder and centreboard fitting and fairing, solids and painting will be undertaken in Melbourne Australia. This year the skiffs will be offered as either clear coat or a single colour painted hull in epoxy paint. Colours are limited.
On behalf of members, the ASSA has negotiated Sail, Mast and Spar and Rope Packages. (See below)
Last year we offered a full fitout service. This year we will offer the 4 major components for sale at group bought deals.
The following is a list of items that are available in to purchase.
We note that variances to each package is not available to due to administration costs involved in creating “special deals”. The ASSA provides these deals at cost and cannot absorb individual Administration requirements
HULL PACKAGE Value A $27800 plus GST
The Hull Package includes:
- Full carbon hull and frames
- Painted in single colour polyurethane or Clear Coat
- Solids, push out bars 900mm long, cut out to suit Nova sail or tack tick
- Jib Cunningham tube (internal)
- Tackline Tube (Internal)
- Carbon 1650mm long 0063a foil centreboard fitted
- Carbon Fitted Rudder with tiller (No tiller extension)
- Coloured EVA foam in a range of colours, fitted to cockpit, gunwales and top sides
- Aluminium Cradle with marine carpet
The skiff hulls with arrive in Australia in three shipments:
3 Hulls June 2016
2 Hulls July/Aug 2016
3 Hulls Aug/Sept/Oct 2016
These dates are approximates only. The ASSA will not be held responsible for delays. The purchase of hulls will be on a first paid first to receive basis. There are only 5 skiffs that can currently guaranteed prior to the start of the season.
To secure your F16
A deposit of 20%: $6116 including GST is required to secure your new Skiff hull. Deposits will secure you place in the queue and ultimately your delivery date
SPARS PACKAGE Value A $7727 plus GST
Spar packages are also available. The cost of the Spars package is $8,500 (Inc GST), with a required deposit of 10%, $850(Inc GST). There are only 8 spar packages available at this price. Deposits will secure you place in the queue and ultimately your delivery date
The Spars Package includes:
- 2 x carbon masts – with plastic track, D1 fitting, heel plug, goose neck fitting (male), D2 keyways, stay keyways, Forestay keyways and jib luff keyway.
- Carbon Spinnaker pole with dolphin striker. 3 x keyways – does not include tackline pole end. (Available separately)
- Carbon Boom – with rectangle carbon boom with gooseneck fitting (female). 2 x Main sheet take off. Out haul exit block
The balance will be due prior to you taking ownership of spar package.
SAILS PACKAGE Value A $12000 plus GST
The Sail Package includes:
- 2 x Mainsails in skiff cloth. Coloured patches and tapes available
- 3 x Headsails in Skiff cloth. Coloured patches and tapes available
- 2 x Spinnacker (single colour only)
Presently Tru Flo Sails is the only company supporting the program. Further companies have offer packages and they will be advertised on the skiff website as they become available
- The Assa is not offering fitout packages for spars and hulls as our members have a huge variance in fitouts and fitting choices
- However based on the 2015 F16 package there is a fitting package that is available from various subcontractor sources
- The package fitout can be undertaken by the following agencies
- Tru Flo Sails 9939 7778
- Allwood Sails (Cameron McDonald) 0433 546 356
- Members will also have access to Harken Australia to purchase fittings under the ASSA discount structure. All fittings must be paid for at the time of purchase
- Members also requested that they fit their own skiffs out. The required basic fitout list will be available for reference of the ASSA 16ft website